- Uses Verizon’s cell towers in addition to satellite signals in order to provide real-time location information – If you’ve done any research on tracking collars, you see that most utilize a GPS satellite signal to provide the most up-to-date location information. However, there are brief periods when satellite signals may not work. On days with inclement weather or even on very cloudy days, the GPS satellite signal may not work as well. Your dog’s proximity to tall buildings can also affect GPS signals. However, the backup cell tower signal will kick in when GPS isn’t working in order to keep location information as accurate as possible.
- Uses a “geofencing” feature so that if Fido leaves the premises, you will be alerted – If you’ve done any research on tracking collars, you see that most utilize a GPS satellite signal to provide the most up-to-date location information. However, there are brief periods when satellite signals may not work. On days with inclement weather or even on very cloudy days, the GPS satellite signal may not work as well. Your dog’s proximity to tall buildings can also affect GPS signals. However, the backup cell tower signal will kick in when GPS isn’t working in order to keep location information as accurate as possible. Speaking of alerts, you’ll get low-battery alerts, and speeding.
- Rechargeable battery lasts longer than others – You’ll get a low battery alert so that you can charge the cube when necessary, plus, pet parents who used the Cube state that the recharge time is fairly short.
- Fits dogs of all sizes (and cats!) – While many GPS tracker collars are meant for medium-sized and larger dogs, the Cube Real-Time GPS Dog and Cat Tracker fits small dogs and cats too!
- Requires a monthly Verizon subscription – The Verizon subscription costs about $16 per month, and that’s one of the higher subscription rates out there. Plus, some pet parents who have used the subscription service say that there are hidden fees that are not included in the subscription price.
- Does not provide any correction if the dog leaves your property – Most GPS collars will offer tonal and/or electronic stimulation in order to help train Fido to stay inside the boundaries of your property. However, the Cube does not offer either tonal or vibration stimulation in order to correct a dog that loves to run away from home. If you’re in the market for a shock collar, then Cube does not offer this feature.
Our fur babies are such an important part of our lives, and we pet parents do everything we can to protect and promote the health of our canine companions. Not only do we research our dog’s nutrition sources, but we also utilize the best dog GPS trackers in order to make sure our pets are always safe.
The Cube Real-Time GPS Dog and Cat Tracker is a great way to keep a locale on your dog’s whereabouts, particularly if Fido likes to wander. This GPS system utilizes both satellite location information as well as cell tower signals in order to give pet parents peace of mind when Fido is outdoors at play.
Features of Cube Real-Time GPS Dog & Cat Trackers
The Cube can be used for much more than just dog tracking
The Cube Real-Time GPS Dog and Cat Tracker can be utilized for a variety of purposes. It can track pets, of course, but it can also track vehicles, belongings, and people. If you noticed the “speeding” feature, then that’s the ability of the Cube to track vehicles and/or people.
Rechargeable battery can last between ten and sixty days between charging
Depending upon how long you leave Fido outdoors, it is possible to go two months between charges for the Cube Real-Time GPS Dog and Cat Tracker. Pet parents also state that charging the Cube never takes very long, either.
Tech support is available
The Cube offers tech support and customer service so that you can get real-time help with any issues you might experience with Cube.
Uses a SIM card
While many dog trackers available today utilize GPS exclusively, there are some times when GPS satellite signal simply doesn’t work. However, the SIM card in the Cube Real-Time GPS Dog and Cat Trackers works on the Verizon network. That means on bad weather or simply overcast days, you can still rely on the Cube Real-Time GPS Dog and Cat Tracker to provide you with the most accurate location information on Fido.
You can connect the device to either your smartphone or computer
While many GPS tracking devices rely on a smartphone app in order to provide alerts, those who do not have a smartphone can connect the device to a computer in order to receive the same alerts and information as you would from an app.
Does come with a collar, but you can attach it to your dog’s current collar
The collar included with the Cube is about one inch in width, but, if you would rather, you can attach it to your pup’s current collar. Pet parents say that pets don’t seem to mind the 2.4-ounce tracker. One pet parent, in particular, noted that she made a pouch that attaches to her dog’s collar, and the dog never minds the use of the pouch on her collar.
Great for all size dogs (and cats)
The Cube Real-Time GPS Dog and Cat Tracker will fit almost any size dog. It is listed as fitting for large breeds but keep in mind there is no mention of giant breeds .
Considered an activity tracker
You will get alerts to the location of your dog, and you can see the direction in which the pup is going. You will even be able to see if your dog is running or taking a leisurely stroll around the block.
Is This The Right Choice For You?
If you are looking for a tracker collar (READ: this is not a shock collar) for your dog of small to large size, then this could be the product for you. This product is also approved for cats, too.
This collar WILL alert pet parents alerts as to the location of their pup, and users will also get an alert if the dog leaves the boundaries of the property. The tracker collar will also send low battery alerts to your smartphone or computer. This profit would be great for those who haven’t adapted to smartphone apps because pet parents can opt to connect the device to a computer.
To top off all the positives about the Cube, it is also fairly cheap to invest in for your pet’s health and well-being.