- Collar is outfitted with a GPS/GLONASS receiver for most accurate location information – Utilizing GPS allows for a wider band of a track, plus, you aren’t dependent upon a cell signal to find your pup. This is a boon when your property is in a rural area, where cellular service may be sketchy.
- Durable; water-resistant for up to ten meters – Many adventurous dogs love to run and play on large parcels of property. Some of these fun-loving pups also enjoy swimming in a pond or nearby lake. The Garmin TT 15 will not lose function even when Fido decides to go for a dip while playing outdoors.
- LED beacon lights make it easy to find Fido, even in the dark – Nothing is worse than not being able to locate your beloved dog after dark. Of course, those who may utilize their dogs for sport understand that their dogs will run all night in search of a target. Either way, the Garmin TT 15 allows for users to remotely activate LED beacon lights which will help to see your dog after dark falls.
- Can track Fido and pinpoint location for up to nine miles from the tracking device If your dog is a sporting dog, you understand that Fido will track a scent as far as he can go – Many hounds and other types of sporting dogs will follow a scent for miles; it’s their nature! The Garmin TT 15 tracker collar will allow you to pinpoint your dog’s location for up to nine miles away from the remote receiver. This is especially helpful when your property is very large as well. Also, keep in mind that the collar’s lithium battery will hold a charge for up to thirty hours.
- Can lose its ability to charge quickly over time – Garmin is a trusted company; they’ve been producing tracking devices and GPS devices for some time. One reviewer lamented that he had used Garmin products for years (by the way, this tracker collar is also compatible with other Garmin products, such as the Alpha 100 and Astro 430 and 320); however, he also noted that as the product ages, it will take longer to charge.
- Fairly expensive – The Garmin TT 15 dog tracker collar is one of the more expensive dogs tracker collars, and it doesn’t have any unique features that warrant the price increase. However, Garmin IS a trusted name in tracking products; it is up to you to decide if the trust factor is worthy of the difference in price.
Our dogs are an important part of our lives; we like knowing where they are at all times. We understand that our pups love time outdoors, but, we also worry that they may get too far from home and safety. So, we begin to think about ways to track our dogs so that we know they are safe, no matter how far they may trek from home. The Garmin TT 15 Dog Tracker Collar is one way to monitor where your dog is, from up to nine miles away!
Features of Garmin TT 15 Dog Device
Top-mounted high sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver
We like that the GPS monitor on the collar is top-mounted. This means better reception, and, when fitted correctly, you won’t have to worry that Fido will get into anything that could forfeit the GPS location in the monitor. We also like that the device uses GPS to determine location. This is highly important for accuracy; other tracker collars that depend upon both GPS and cell service—or merely cell service—may not provide up-to-date information on Fido’s location.
Compatible with other Garmin tracking collar devices
The Garmin TT 15 dog tracking device is compatible with other Garmin products: the Astro 430 and the Astro 320 as well as the Alpha 100. The device is compatible for not just tracking, but also for tone and vibration functions as well as stimulation. You could set up this device for training purposes as well as an invisible fence of sorts.
Durable; water-resistant for up to ten meters of water
If you are an avid sportsman, you understand that dogs on a trail will go through all types of brush, wooded areas, and even bodies of water to stay on the track of prey. The Garmin TT 15 dog tracker collar continues to work when submerged, up to ten meters of water. This is in addition to the fact that the Garmin will not become disabled even if Fido goes through thick, wooded areas.
LED beacon lights
Again, if you’ve ever been out with sporting dogs, you understand that nightfall means nothing to a hound on the track of prey. The LED beacon lights on the Garmin TT 15 tracker collar can be activated by using the remote which comes with the tracker collar; this means easier locating of your special dog, even after dark.
Can determine your dog’s up-to-date location for up to nine miles from the remote device
If your dog tends to wander, you’ll be happy that the Garmin TT 15 tracker collar can be located up to nine miles from the remote device on your person. Again, this is great for sporting dogs that may track for several miles at a time. Plus, it is a great device for pet parents who have curious dogs that simply enjoy wandering a large property.
Can be used as a training device
This device offers training reinforcement using both tonal and stimulative deterrents. This dog collar tracking device can be utilized as an invisible fence as well as with sporting dogs out on a hunt.
Is This The Right Choice For You?
There are many good reasons to choose the Garmin TT 15 and consider it one of the best dog GPS trackers. Throughout this review, we’ve mentioned that it is great for those who have sporting dogs, particularly if your dog naturally loves to run down a scent . These dogs can travel a great length on the hunt, and the Garmin TT 15 works to not only pinpoint the dog’s exact location but also helps those whose dog hasn’t returned late in the evening. The Garmin TT will track the dog for up to nine miles from your location.
The Garmin TT has a reputation for being a long-lasting product as well as a durable one. However, some pet parents lament that the device takes longer to charge the older it gets. One caveat is that the Garmin TT offers not only a typical charger for home but one for your vehicle as well. So, you can still charge the device on the go.
The Garmin TT 15 is a great device, albeit fairly expensive. However, when one considers that many sporting dogs are an expensive investment in the first place, it makes sense to purchase a product that is guaranteed to help you locate your dog.
At the same time, the Garmin TT works well as an invisible fence for medium and large breed dogs too.