- Tracks dog location utilizing GPS – When dog tracker collars became available, many of them were reliant upon cellular towers to help locate a lost pup. With the advent of more GPS dog trackers, pet parents have a much more reliable way to locate lost dogs. GPS trackers rely on the GPS satellite system rather than the presence of cell towers to pinpoint a dog’s location, and GPS can do this in real-time. Most collars relying on cell tower signals become inaccurate if the dog moves into an area where cell signals are weak.
- Waterproof – No matter what type of terrain your dog traverses, you will be able to locate him real-time. If your dog is outdoors during a rain shower, you don’t have to worry the collar will short out. If your dog decides to take a swim during his outing, the Whistle Go Explore GPS tracker will still work. It is waterproof in up to six feet of water.
- Battery life is one of the longest on the market – The Whistle Go Explore Dog GPS tracker possesses a battery that will last for up to twenty days after a full charge. This is not only one of the longest battery lifetimes on the market, but it helps to increase the chances you’ll be able to find your dog even if he has been missing for several days.
- Offers a built-in “night light” – Owners can remotely activate the night light feature on the collar. This is highly beneficial if you are out after dark looking for Fido.
- Could be adversely affected by direct sunlight – The Whistle Go Explore GPS tracker offers a disclaimer stating that the device should never be left in direct sunlight. While the disclaimer mentions leaving the device in direct sunlight in a vehicle, there is no mention of whether your dog wearing the device in direct sunlight could have a detrimental effect on the tracker’s effectiveness.
- One must purchase a subscription plan – In order to reap all the benefits of the Whistle Go Explore GPS tracker, pet parents must purchase a monthly subscription. The monthly price of the subscription is between $6.95 and $9.95.
An important part of pet parenting is keeping our canine companions safe. However, we want them to run and play freely as we know dogs love to do. Some pet parents living in a more rural area do so because our dogs are able to go outdoors and play without disturbing our neighbors or getting into traffic. However, more adventurous dogs will run further from home than others. This poses a safety risk for them as dogs who wander a significant way from home may not be able to find their way back. In addition, those who take their sporting dogs in the field may never be able to locate a wayward pup. That is until the rise of today’s best dog GPS trackers gave pet parents a way to locate pets and bring them home safely.
Features of Whistle Go Explore Dog GPS Tracker
The Whistle app (accessed via subscription) will provide “escape” alerts
The collar and tracking device of the Whistle Go Explore tracker is moderately priced; however, pet parents will have to enroll in a subscription program in order to access all benefits of the tracker. One of these benefits is “escape” alerts. Once you procure the tracker, you’ll set up boundaries (from a portion of your yard to a few acres surrounding your property). The Whistle Go Explore app will keep these boundaries saved within its data, and, if Fido happens to wander outside those boundaries, the app will let you know.
3-mode night light feature
Dogs don’t always decide to wander during daylight hours. Your dog may go out for a potty break at night and pick up a scent trail, and away he goes. The night light feature can be remotely activated via your smartphone so that you can locate your dog more easily after darkness falls.
Location tracking in real-time
It’s important to be able to find your dog via up-to-the-minute location information. The Whistle Go Explore dog GPS tracker will allow you to pinpoint exactly where Fido is at any given moment. That’s because the tracker relies on GPS monitoring rather than cell tower signals to locate your dog . Finding a pup that decides to wander off your property is much easier when you can determine his real-time location.
Rated IPX8 waterproof
This rating means that your dog’s tracker will still work even if it is submerged up to six feet. If Fido happens to be caught in a rain shower while outdoors, you need not worry that the tracker will stop working.
The Whistle app allows you to share health info with your vet
Not only does the app collect information about your dog’s activities and organize said data, but you can send this information to your vet so that the two of you can make informed decisions about your pup’s healthcare.
The Whistle app allows for tracking of behavior
The Whistle app tracks and records movement including excessive scratching or licking. The app records how much activity your dog carries out during the day. You’ll be able to see this in an organized fashion via the app.
Is This The Right Choice For You?
The Whistle Go Explore GPS dog tracker is a great product for those living in a rural area with lots of lands that Fido enjoys exploring. It is also great for those utilizing their sporting dogs. Pet parents can set up parameters or boundaries and save these parameters to the app, and, if Fido leaves the boundaries of your yard, the app will alert you.
The Whistle Go Explore GPS dog tracker also offers activity monitoring, which is useful for many things. Some pet parents simply want to know what their four-legged buddy is up to, while others may have an adventuresome dog that loves to roam. In either case, the GPS tracker will help you to locate them in real-time. Plus, if your dog has been experiencing health issues, the Whistle Go Explore will keep data on that too.
Those with smaller yards may also like the Whistle Go Explore device due to the health monitoring features of the device. Either way, the device offers lots of information on your dog, his location, and his health.