FYI: we may earn a commission for qualified purchases made through the links in our articles (learn more).
- There are two main ways on how to order home delivery dog food. You could either get a subscription and schedule regular deliveries or simply order on demand.
- Customizing meals is typically easier with a subscription because the meal plans are based on your dog’s nutritional needs, size or weight, food sensitivities, age, health, and other factors.
Dog owners today understand the value of using all-natural ingredients for their pet’s meal. Unfortunately, homemade dog food is impossible for many pet parents who don’t have the time to shop, prepare, and cook the food! As a busy pet parent myself, I understand the struggles to this.
Enter the rise of dog food subscriptions! I love fresh dog food deliveries because they offer something beyond the traditional kibble—a meal delivery service for dogs makes it possible for pet parents to get the best of both worlds. This means serving being able to serve all-natural, fresh dog food without the hassle of preparing it all from scratch. Here’s what every pet parent should know about this service:
How Pet Food Delivery Services Work
Pet food delivery service can be done in two ways: (1) subscription or (2) on demand. With a subscription, you’re basically inputting your dog’s meal plan, the delivery address, and the frequency of the deliveries. Delivery services typically create a little overlap in between deliveries so you always have something ready to serve meals. However, there’s also the option of having healthy dog food delivered on demand. This puts more control on the dog owner, especially when it comes to the cost.
Dog food delivery service can also be arranged for home delivery or store delivery. Some brands have placements in popular US stores. Deliveries are made directly to these stores and you can just pick them up afterwards. If you prefer however, the food can be sent via curb pick-up.
You can also order dog food online with customized fresh meals. Brands like Pet Plate ask you to complete a profile of your dog through their domain. From there, veterinary nutritionists will check the dog’s profile and craft the perfect meal plan. This food plan typically considers the dog’s nutritional needs, dog’s size, food sensitivities, dog’s age, dog’s health, and other factors.
Some plans are not customized but still manage to deliver on quality. These pet foods integrate American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) standards in their food to guarantee quality results. Many are made with human-grade ingredients and are available in different formats. From here, dog parents can choose the ingredients they want in the meal such as sweet potato, brown rice, Texas beef stew, organic treats, and so on.
Regardless of their approach to fresh dog food delivery, most of these brands follow the same process. They provide access to a wide array of fresh dog food meals with complete transparency on the pet food ingredients. From there, pet owners can choose the best meal for their pet and have the item delivered at the most convenient time and place. In one our articles, we discuss the answer to the common query, “what is fresh dog food?“
Why Choose Dog Food Delivery Services?
So what makes these fresh food delivery providers an excellent choice for health-conscious dog owners? There are several pros to this approach:
- These fresh food brands have their composition down to a science. For example, the Farmer’s Dog brand employs a board certified veterinary nutritionist to help create human grade food as a fresh meal. This guarantees that there will be customized adjustments to the plan depending on the unique needs of the pet
- Many of these delivery services send out frozen food with zero artificial preservatives. This guarantees that your dog gets whole and untarnished meals packed with the nutrients he needs for growth.
- Delivery services are precise and done like clockwork. Once you set a schedule for deliveries, this will be followed until you decide to change it through the online portals.
- Information about your dog’s breed, food allergies, sensitive stomach, or any other concern can be entered through the online profile of your pet. From here, all you have to do is keep the information updated so that the meals are always perfectly balanced to meet dietary demands.
- Feeding guidelines are also exhaustively provided with each batch of pet food. Because vet nutritionists know how much fresh food to feed a dog, you’ll be sure that Fido get’s a balanced meal everytime.
- These meals are made with food safety in mind. Each batch is treated in the same way as human food so that it arrives free from pathogens. The presence of bacteria  is a common worry when it comes to homemade meals. Fortunately, subscription services follow high standards for food packaging.
- Some of these wet food subscription also caters cat food, treats, vitamins, and supplements. This allows you to get everything you need through one convenient shop.
Types of Dog Food Subscription Services
Today, you’ll find that there are several companies offering delivery services for wet dog food, fresh dog food, and even raw dog food. Your choice depends primarily on what you find to be the most convenient for your dog’s diet. Options include Nom Nom Dog Food, Fresh Pet Food, Just Food for Dogs, Pet Plate, Ollie Dog Food, and others. It’s a good idea to look through each one before making a decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best dog food delivery company?
The answer really depends on where you happen to be located. Some brands like Nom Nom have a wide delivery range which makes it easy for them to send products across the United States. However, the best dog food delivery service is the one that is close to your home and can deliver pet supplies on a regular basis,
Are dog food delivery services worth it?
Yes, definitely. While they may be slightly pricey compared to traditional dog food, these meals can help elevate the quality of life of your dog.
Is there an app that delivers dog food?
Most fresh dog foods available via subscription can be navigated through their websites. From here, you can make all the changes necessary such as swapping out food flavor, updating your dog’s profile, changing delivery dresses, or changing payment settings.
How much is the farmer’s dog per week?
This brand offers an introductory price for first time buyers. An initial plan gives you around 1 box of food which is meant to last for 6 weeks. This will cost you 30USD – which means that each week will cost you just 5 USD. Note though that this is the usual price for a dog that’s at most 30 pounds. Different breeds with different caloric requirements may require a higher or lower budget. Keep in mind that additional charges may apply for delivery.